Old July 17th 03, 12:31 AM
BTIZ

Default Glider Ride

Brian.. welcome to soaring, you can also track soaring events on
rec.aviation.soaring news group.

www.ssa.org

BT

"Brian Sponcil" wrote in message
As a favor to our local A&P (he was also paying me) I drove down to
Florida to pick up a glider tail section from Barry Aviation
(http://www.barryaviation.com/). The nice folks there decided that
after a 20+ hour drive I definitely needed to go soaring.

In ten years of flying planes I've gotten into the habit of only going
up when I have a destination in mind. Maybe I was just tired of driving
but flying that glider brought back all of the thrill and satisfaction
of floating in the air for its own sake.

If you haven't done it, I'd put it on your list of things to try, if for
no other reason than to experience how quiet flying can actually be.

I think I might try an ultralight next....

-Brian
Iowa City, IA
N33431