Old September 2nd 08, 03:43 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
HEMI-Powered[_2_]

Default Ren Yenc

Maple1 added these comments in the current discussion du jour

No Multimedia or Multi-Part files...

What part of Multi part did you miss in rule 3

And if you have been here for years you would remember Andrew
who worked VERY hard to get this done.

The part I missed was that nobody has done anything about the
alleged flooder. As for Andrew, he has shown himself to be a
bigot and a fool.

If you people want to have order around here, you need to publish
your FAQs/posting guidelines often and take agressive action
against violators. You also need to partially rewrite the
document so that the most important items, such as max posts/day,
no yEnc, no multi-part files, etc. are up front where they are
easy to see. As it is, the document meanders around and the
salient points are buried in long paragraphs.

Now, as to flooding, if the group wants only 50/day or less, I
guess that's OK. I don't have any aircraft pictures so it doesn't
affect me. But, it reminds me of a couple of other NGs I monitor
that seem to be living in the past before there was broadband
because they have very restrictive file size limits - both KB and
pixels and the same 50 limit. Who cares how many posts/day are
made? No one is forced to download them all or any at all, that's
what freedom of choice is all about.

And again, this is the first time I've ever seen this document. I
don't follow links in anybody's posts because it's too dangerous
so if you're posting the FAQs that way, it explains why I haven't
seen them before. Plus, I'd wager that the people you guys don't
seem to like haven't seen it, either.

Forgot to mention: are posting huge multi-part RAR/PAR files
acceptable? Doesn't seem so yet that's been going on for
days.

--
HP, aka Jerry

Don't be a fop or a blooter, make only pithy comments on Usenet