Old September 13th 10, 02:35 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
jcarlyle

Default 1201 & Tow Planes

At Philadelphia Glider Council we've had an agreement with Willow
Grove NAS for quite a few years for our towplanes to squawk 1202. We
made an arrangement this spring with PHL for our gliders to squawk
1201. We'll need to do something about the towplane squawk next
season, as Willow Grove is permanently closing on Mar 31, 2011.

-John

On Sep 10, 8:00 am, Jamie Shore wrote:
The Soaring Club of Houston and the Houston TRACON have recently
agreed to allow tow planes to squawk 1201 during towing operations.
The ATC sector manager agrees that it is a good idea and it is worth
trying for a couple of months. After the trial period, our club and
TRACON will talk to review the results.

Is anybody else using 1201 in their towplanes?

Thanks,
Jamie
Soaring Club of Houston