Old February 24th 14, 11:03 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Philip van de Donk

Default LX 8000 problem

Hello,

I have the problem that my LX8000 does not start up at all. Before I contact the factory for repair is there someone with tips how to fix it?

The situation. It had been working, but I left it for a while and when I came back the avionics batteries were dead (voltage too low). After recharging the batteries the LX8000 did not turn on anymore. This means that the display does not even light up when I press the power on buttton. Other instruments were OK. Also tried a fresh new battery and this did not give the proper results either.

I checked the fuse for the LX8000 and to be sure I replaced it with a new one but that did not solve the problem. Measurement on the fuse circuit showed a healthy 14V so the LX is getting power.

I also checked if all was connected and all seems to be screwed and locked into place as it should be.

Config I have is LX8000 with V5 vario. Separate FLARM display connected via LX1090 for ADSB Signal. Also connected to the LX8000 is the AHRS unit via a USB port.

So any tips are welcome