Old November 5th 03, 06:45 PM
Jack Glendening

I hadn't gotten a chance to update this thread previously, in part
because I'm actually spending time soaring again after an enforeced
hiatus! But I later found a water bottle on its side behind the pilot's
seat, half full up to its nozzle, with dozens of dead ants floating
inside and now theorize that the water leaked out and was found by the
ants (as suggested by another poster) with the water likely flowing back
to the lowered tail. The animals do seem to love my glider. On my last
visit I arrived to find one wing loose. I first thought I might not
have tied it down correctly or that its stake had pulled out, but
instead I found that its rope had been severed in three places, fairly
cleanly as with a knife. All I can think is that one of the rodents out
there thought it might be good to eat and started chomping on it with
his teeth.