Old April 25th 16, 08:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bruce Hoult

Default CCSC Landing Accident?

On Tuesday, April 26, 2016 at 6:37:06 AM UTC+12, kirk.stant wrote:
PS: Who had his first landout of the season yesterday - nice
smooth field 20 miles from home. When the passerby's asked
"what happened, wind quit?" (yes they really do ask that)

Where do you think this strange idea and question comes from?

The question that almost everyone asks me, that I also can't figure where they get the idea from, is: "How do you land without an engine?"

On questioning, people seem to mean "precision land", to which the answer is of course "air brakes".