Old March 18th 08, 04:22 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dave S

Default The new Fork Tailed Doctor Killer

Bill Watson wrote:
Denny wrote:
Time moves along... The old V-tails are no longer the status symbol...
It appears to me that the Cirrus line of aircraft has become the new
"fork tailed doctor killer", along with stock broker, dentist, lawyer,
etc...

As time moves along, I've begun to realize that the casual trashing of
Doctor/Dentist/Lawyer pilots is as distasteful and probably as
wrong-headed as other kinds of stereotyping.

I used to do it but I've stopped voicing it. Like most prejudices and
beliefs, changing one's attitude is much more difficult than changing
what comes out of one's mouth... but I'm trying.

Thanks

The root cause behind the stereotyping is people with large wallets and
beginners skills... and a flippant attitude: I've finished grad school,
and this isn't rocket science! Sure.. there are lots of blue collar
people with flip attitude and poor skills, but they cant pay the ante to
get into the Cirrus/Bonanza/Mooney club...

I've met some very cavalier physician pilots, and I've met more than a
few deliberate, methodical physician pilots.

Dave