Old April 26th 06, 02:13 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default A strange richness...

we only use the manual primer on cold days.. less than 40F and never on a
warm engine

I may have mistyped earlier when I referenced IO- vs O-, yes there is no
throttle pump on the IO-
BT

"ktbr" wrote in message
Jay Honeck wrote:
Nope. Pumped the primer a couple of times. (The little
Coleman-lantern-style-thingie)

I never use the primer when the engine is even just warm.
In fact, the O-540 on my Comanche cranks right up with no
priming even after several days of sitting. I usually only
need to prime on cold days, which isn't many in southern Georgia.

If it hasn't flown for a couple of weeks and won't fire up
after a few cranks then I might pump it once or twice.