Old June 26th 04, 10:43 AM
Vassilii Khachaturov

There is a program that IMHO beats all the ones you've mentioned -
it's free and much more feature-rich. It's called CoPilot, developed
by Laurie Davis and the open database for it generated by Paul
Tomblin, our own r.a.* folk.

I only disagree with you in one respect -- that is that I did not mention
CoPilot. I actually mentioned it in my first post. CoPilot is an excellent
program and Paul Tomblin's data site, navaid.com is an excellent source for
not only CoPilot, but also for using non-aviation handheld GPS.

OOPS. You did, indeed. Sorry! I actually had clicked through your links,
but missed the CoPilot dismissing it as part of annotating text to the nearby
link...