Old February 11th 04, 10:25 PM
Marco Leon

I guess it's a function of how busy they are. I practice approaches in the
Long Island area of NY and I'm usually trying to squeeze my calls inbetween
the flights into JFK or ISP. Almost always accommodating given their traffic
level but I've also never been thanked. As a matter of fact, the pilots in
our area almost always thank the controllers!

Hey Newps, care to share if and/or how the FAA tracks the number of
approaches you work? I'm curious.

Marco

"Andrew Gideon" wrote in message
online.com...
Newps wrote:

After virtually all sessions, after I ask
for clearance back home, the controller will thank me for doing the
approaches with them that day.

I do that too, we all should.

I obviously fly in the wrong places; I've never been thank.

- Andrew