Old August 21st 04, 04:57 AM
David

(David) wrote in message . com...
I'm considering flying from ROA to CLT for a business meeting at the
airport itself next Tuesday -- arriving around noon and departing
around 16:00. I've not flown G/A to CLT before -- anyone able to
advise on the in/out delays (and fees) that I should expect? I'm
having a tough time justifying the 1:15 in the air "best case" vs. 3
hours driving point-to-point.

I just flew to BWI yesterday, and as always it was quick in and out --
also have had similar (good) mid-day experiences at PHL -- but maybe
I'm spoiled by those!

Thanks,
Dave

Thanks Dave, Rich, Stuart and Mr. "Maule Driver" for your help. I'll
fly to CLT! (And the CLT ATC link works, and is very helpful -- esp.
since it has the updated slow times list.)

For the record, I arrived about 23:30 Tuesday -- there weren't any
delays then! I got my departure clearance at 15:30 Wednesday
afternoon (just at the beginning of a slow time), and was cleared for
T/O just as soon as I arrived at the intersection of 18L and taxiway
A. And Signature didn't charge any fees (although I paid $77 for 18
gallons of 100LL). An excellent experience!

Dave