Old February 25th 04, 02:53 PM
Scott Schluer

Default Arizona Flying Destinations

Does anyone have good recommendations for fun day-trip flying destinations
in Arizona (within a couple hours of Phoenix)? Obviously I know about the
Grand Canyon, Sedona, Flagstaff, etc. I'm looking for more back-country type
airfields. No soft fields though, its against rental policy. I really enjoy
flying mountainous terrain, or anything other than flat land, with
interesting things to see or do nearby (hiking, fishing, camping, etc). If
we have to rent a car to get somewhere after landing, that's okay too. I've
never been to the White Mountains...anything good out there?

I'd really like to take my girlfriend out for a fun day or two of flying and
sight-seeing, but I don't want to fly to the usual destinations. Just
looking for suggestions from people who are familiar with the area. Thanks
for any input!

Scott