Old August 23rd 03, 03:29 AM
Gernot Hassenpflug

ost (Chris Mark) writes:

From: Gernot Hassenpflug

I had no idea of
the reference you mention,

To help with your search for it, I'll give the full title and authors: W.F.
Craven and J.L. Crate, "The Army Air Forces in World War II," Chicago, The
University of Chicago Press, 1953. Volume 5 covers the events you are
interested in.

Thank you Chris, much appreciated. Now to finish research work so I
can get on with the translations...

From what you and others have written about the fighting over Saipan,
it seems that there are quite a lot sources available after all, in
english, detailing the Japanese side. I assume these come mostly from
captured documents, interrogations and such like carried out by the
Intelligence branch of Occupation Forces after the war?

--
G Hassenpflug * IJN & JMSDF equipment/history fan