Old December 27th 06, 05:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Juan Jimenez[_1_]

Default Hmmm a BD5J with zero hours FS

"Richard Isakson" wrote in message
om...

"Juan Jimenez" wrote ...

"Richard Isakson" wrote ...
Warning!: From what Juan has written on this newsgroup, he hasn't
been
able start his engine in a Year and a half.

The engine was just reassembled after an injector inspection showed

several
of them were partly clogged. They were inspected in Idaho and the engine

is
now reassembled.

Juan,

It's good that you found a problem that may get your engine running again
but aren't you missing something? If your engine truly is "new", then
all
that injector clogging happened in just a brief ten hours.

You're missing a key point your logic, that ten hours is spread over several
years. I have high pressure filters on the system now, but that was not the
case until after I bought it. For all I know whatever clogged the two or
three injectors that didn't have perfect flow patterns might have been there
from day one. And of course, you have no clue about that.

There must be an underlying systems problem that caused the clogging.
Have you found that
problem? If not it will just re-occur in the next ten hoursof running
time.
Have you informed any potential buyers that they are going to have to pull
the engine every ten hour to clean the injectors?

Why don't you tell them, Richard? After all, you're the armchair wannabe
expert on everything related to my airplane.