Old September 10th 04, 05:20 PM
Stewart Kissel

In fact it was easier and faster to assemble my LS4
than my
second glider which was a Ventus that had automatic
control hookups.

Mr B.-

RU positioning flaps in negative and being sure to
lift up a little on the trailing edge as the wings
go in? I time myself to make sure no lying here, and
I can consistently rig by myself with a rigger in 30
minutes from trailer top up to tape finished. Once
the first wing is in and positioned correctly...as
long as one is careful with the second wing for the
last 1'...I generally don't need help for the final
push from the other wing. Some guys also teflon the
fuse surface that the spar rubs on...but I find the
key is proper alignment...and a rigger helps with this
quite a bit. Also a nice flat asphalt surface.