Old February 2nd 04, 10:53 PM

On Mon, 02 Feb 2004 02:00:50 GMT, tony roberts
wrote:

Cut- - -

It kept working until I turned on the DME and then it lost satellite
reception. The DME was tuned to 109.5 - I don't know what that is - it
had been switched during the annual.
I turned off the DME, rebooted the GPS and it worked fine. Turned the
DME back on - the GPS lost reception. Then I turned the DME tuner up one
to 110.5 anfd the GPS worked fine. I tried it on several other settings
and it worked fine. Each time the DME was tuned back to 109.5 the GPS
lost its satellites.
Just thought I'd share that in case anyone has a GPS loss of reception
in flight. It could just be something as crazy as this.

Tony

We get 'No Fix Possible' when DME on 108.6 MHz with our Skyforce II.
The DME is a combined VOR/ILS/DME type Narco IDME 825.

Before replacing a faulty internal GPS antenna to an exteral antenna
the GPS was being blocked on more frequencies. In particular out local
VOR 109.2, but that's now ok with the external antenna.

Interestingly enough my handheld Flightmate Pro GPS ALWAYS works at
the same time using an antenna on the top of the instrument panel.

E-mail (Remove Space after pilot): pilot