Old March 8th 20, 05:04 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Default SSA Contest Rules and Waiver for Nationals Now Posted

Thanks, Chip.Â* That makes better sense.

On 3/7/2020 11:29 AM, wrote:
Dan, I should have said "feel like a jerk." I think most of us would like Rules that insure fairness so we don't have to snap incriminating photos and forward them to the CD. Or file a formal protest against a competitor we might be having dinner with that night. I suspect that's one reason why the "Safety Box" at each contest allows anonymous complaints. On the other hand, many of us would have a problem with an anonymous complaint that we had ducked into a cloud affecting our score.

So we're back to the Rules again. I see at least two problems. First, a rule is unenforceable. Second, we have the means to enforce it but choose not to.

Maybe I'm just old school.

Chip Bearden
JB

--