Old November 6th 04, 01:50 AM
Marc Ramsey

Robertmudd1u wrote:
The first several LAK-17s were made with carbon roving in the traditional manor
used at the time, early '90s. As a result of the favorable testing of the
carbon rod in the Genesis 2 Sportine Aviacija decided to use the rods in the
new version of the LAK-17/19.

You've actually been to the factory, I haven't, but, it is my
understanding that all production LAK-17A models (not the early '90s
LAK-17, which I mistakenly called the "LAK-16") have carbon rod spars.
The LAK-17A was advertised as having ~120 lb wings, and early serial
numbers do have wings in that weight range. When we received ours and
discovered that the wings were ~140 lbs, we complained, and were told
that the spars were beefed up to reduce flexing.

Marc