Old December 30th 06, 08:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected][_1_]

Default Solid State Artificial Horizon

Bruno

I think you are looking at the Midcontinent 4300 series, the 4200
series are 2 1/4" - why I mentioned them.

Darryl

nimbus wrote:
OK Darryl,
Thanks for the info. I had a look on their website. Apparently, the
front size of their instrument is 3 1/8" (80 mm) in diameter. This
means that this is a "big" instrument. I am searching for a solution
presenting a front size of 2 1/4" (57mm) maximum.

Dynon EFIS-10 is interesting but it has also a 3 1/8" front size and no
version in 2 1/4".

Bruno

a écrit :

I'd like the manufacturer to explain the "vertical velocity enhanced
pitch" in the Tru-Trak ADI. I'd hate to rely on that in IMC in wave
conditions if it is doing what I think it is.

There are smaller mechanical AIs avialable at least in panel space, may
still be too much for you behind the panel, and they will cost you
more (in cash and power consumption). For example the Mid Continent
4200 series, if I wanted a real AI that is personally what I'd use.

There are several interesting small EFIS systems available for
experimental aircraft, but thats a lot more integration that just
plugging in a AI. For example look at Dynon EFIS-10.

Many people seem to be going with the Tru-Trak pictorial T&B (no
pitch).

Darryl Ramm