Old November 25th 08, 08:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dudley Henriques[_2_]

Default FOX NEWS ALERT - Van Nuys Twin Engine Cessna landing with no nosegear

On Nov 25, 3:09*pm, "Darkwing" theducksmail"AT"yahoo.com wrote:
It is on now, looks like the nose gear will only come halfway down. I'm sure
the news stations are predicting (wishing?) doom!

Just watched it. Good job. This guy was sharp and knew what he was
doing. Nailed the airspeed on final, shut um both down and
horizontaled tthe props with the starters. Did it in jig time too.
Even set it down hard on the mains to get one last shot at lowering
the nose gear. The nose on those 310's is not all that far out in
front and it's real hard to keep it up for more than a few seconds in
a situation like this one.
Looked like he might have caught the left tip a bit but I don't think
he got the crank. Should be ok with a little work and be back flying
again shortly.
Dudley Henriques