Old December 22nd 17, 12:00 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Ryan Wubben

Default Sailplane/trailer moving?

At 15:58 21 December 2017, Matt Herron Jr. wrote:
On Monday, December 11, 2017 at 11:45:07 AM UTC-8, Ryan Wubben

wrote:
I=E2=80=99ve occasionally seen posts regarding people with an empty

leg
w=
illing
to=20
transport glider trailers around various parts of the country.
=20
Anyone with good recommendations on who to use? Bad experiences?
=20
What does it typically cost?
=20
Thanks!
Ryan in Madison

For towing glider trailers, I would like to recommend Gerry Bupte (gbupte
a=
t gmail dot com) 218-209 1 nine nine 3. He recently towed my glider from
S=
an Antonio Texas to California for about $1/mile (no charge for getting

=
pickup point or getting back home). I located him through uship.com but
yo=
u can contact him directly and avoid the up charge. He did a great job,
wa=
s very communicative, picked up and dropped off within 30 min of

scheduled
=
time, and was able to carry some extra stuff in his crew cab that would
not=
fit in the trailer. He said he would love to do more of this type of
towi=
ng, so think of him before your next far away contest.

Matt H

Thanks!
I’ll contact him.
This is probably a small enough community, we should share good contacts of

those who have done a good job at reasonable rates.
I appreciate the tip.

Ryan