Old October 30th 05, 08:32 PM
Rob Turk

Default seeking first hand Jabiru 3300 opinions

"karel" wrote in message

"Rob Turk" wrote in message
"Russell Duffy" wrote in message
.. .

Not yet flying, it will take another half year or so to complete our Rans
S6S. But we did run the engine and taxied around the block a few times.
So far no problems with 0.5 hours runtime ;-)

A 3300 on an S6S? Isn't that a bit of overkill?
I thought Coyotes can make do with a Rotax 582 (60 HP or so?)
and are very happy with a 80 HP Rotax 912
So if Jabiru it must be I would rather expect a 2200?

PS if I may be a bit curious:
Where are you building?
Or more precisely where will the bird fly from?
Are you using the standard wing or the smaller 'speed' wing?

KA from just South...

The 3300 is about as much as the airframe will allow. RANS gave their
blessing thought.. They want pictures of the install for later reference.
Jabiru built the mount for us.

We are building the plane in Amersfoort, just 150 Km or so north from you.
About 95% done, still need to finish the cowl (needs a bit of modification
for the 3300 to fit ;-), the doors and the windshield. We will be flying out
of EHLE, or maybe EHHV or EHTE. It all depends on availability and price of
hangar space and landing fees ;-)

If you're ever in the neighbourhood, feel free to stop by. Send me a direct
e-mail (watch the spam trap) for direction.

Take care!
Rob