Old October 27th 11, 10:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Eric Greenwell[_4_]

Default Stall Warning Indicators and Your safety

On 10/27/2011 9:21 AM, soartech wrote:

Thanks for the input guys. I do own a Brauniger flight instrument for
HG and have found the stall indicator on that also is very annoying,
constantly going off while thermalling.So, it turned it off. I
suspect an angle of attack sensor will give better results than
airspeed. I will have to do some research, building and
experimentation to find the answer. Is there anyone out there willing
to defend the warning system in their Cambridge 302?

I didn't find the 302 stall warning useful, and don't use it. I use my
glider's factory supplied angle of attack indicator to avoid stalls
during flight:

* horizon well above the nose - trouble will occur very soon
* horizon just above the nose - safe
* horizon well below the nose - trouble will occur very soon

There is another set of parameters used during landing when the 40
degree landing flap position is selected.

email me)