Old May 16th 20, 10:15 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default How About Story T

I rented my LS-6 to a member of the British team that competed in the 1990 Per-worlds held at Minden, Nv. I believe the pilot that flew my bird was Martin Wells. It was a package deal for use of the bird and a crew (Pat & me). We enjoyed being around some of the worlds best pilots and I told the British team a little about the local area and what to expect flying each days task.
After about 5 days flying, Martin asked if he could have the wing tape replaced on his ship. I replied, Martin, that’s lucky tape, it has served you well for 5 days.......if you replace it, you’ll surely land out! Don’t you know anything about Soaring? He chuckled and said he wasn’t suspicious and wanted new tape anyway !

You guessed it...........I changed the tape and Martin landed out the next day!
Cheers,
JJ