Old January 16th 06, 12:10 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default Headset: Unexpected safety bonus

On Sun, 15 Jan 2006 18:14:27 GMT, "Vaughn"
wrote:

Bought myself a new headset for Christmas. I expected it to just be a new
toy, but I was amazed at the increase in understandability. Lets face it, like
many pilots looking retirement age in the eye, my hearing ain't what it used to
be. Previously, when I got into a plane, I would automatically turn the volume
well north of 50% just so I could hear above the din. I had come to assume
that the mush-mouth barely-understandable audio I was getting was just part of
the normal deal for those AM aviation radios.

That a good angle to justify a new headset to the wife. Congrats on
the equipment.

Scott D.