Old May 30th 08, 11:48 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Cubdriver

Default Bothering a Pilot on Final

On Thu, 29 May 2008 05:01:37 -0700, Shirl
wrote:

round here,
lots of people fly close to pattern altitude. If I'm in the pattern, I
appreciate knowing what they're staying or continuing on vs. having to
guess.

I agree. I use a handheld in a J-3 Cub, and ignition noise makes it
impractical for me to broadcast. So the more talk there is, the safer
I feel.

4500 feet is a bit of a stretch, however. The only time I ever flew at
4500 feet was when I was surfing through the White Mountains.

But I really like to know if somebody is flying around my airport at
2000 or even 2500 feet.

Blue skies! -- Dan Ford

Claire Chennault and His American Volunteers, 1941-1942
new from HarperCollins www.FlyingTigersBook.com