Old April 28th 05, 06:19 PM
Yofuri

a425couple wrote:
"Yofuri" wrote in message

I can confirm a visiting A7E doing it out of the fuel pits at NAS
Miramar in that era. He was doing fine until he tried to turn downwind
and one panel separated. The only injury was superficial glass cuts to
a toddler in a house on the lip of a canyon when wreckage shattered the
patio door. Rick

Excuse me, but on rereading today, now I am unsure of the
outcome you describe. Please clarify for this ex-grunt.
Did pilot eject and plane crash?
Or, did he land with one missing panel (panel hitting house)?

(and thanks for everyone helping out on this thread)

Outer wing panel broke off in flight; pilot ejected. Fuselage impacted
canyon wall, debris went over the lip of the canyon, shattering back
windows and patio door of a residence.

Rick