Old October 1st 08, 04:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
jb92563

Default Participating in Contests

These barriers are removed. You're out of excuses. Hope to see you
next year!
John Cochrane BB

Wow, that is really good information and straightened me out on a lot
of things
that I simply did not know.

Looks like I really don't have any excuses and it sounds like fun.

I also just read about the local sport regionals at Warner Springs and
found there were
7 newbies attending that contest and its only 40 miles from home.

I'll make a plan to attend some regionals next year, and brush up on
my skills
in preperation in the mean time.

I have one more question.

Do pilots typically carry oxygen at these events?

I imagine since going fast is the objective most will not thermal up
to cloud base (out west) when they
could be racing along with shorter climbs?

Kirk:
What book by Moffat? Is there just one?

Does the SSA site have the Sport Regional rules on PDA/GPS, or is that
specific to each regional contest?

Ray