Old March 14th 06, 08:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting

Default Another GA crash in CA

"Mortimer Schnerd, RN" wrote in message
Henry wrote:
And here is the last flight track of its final flight:

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/N16JR

Tuesday Morning Quarterbacking
If they were attempting a return to the airport, why not turn right
instead
of left ? Looks like they could have made the beach or surf near it.
Maybe
its all rocks there, not familiar with the area.
/Tuesday Morning Quarterbacking

I wondered what killed them. The picture I saw on the TV showed what
looked like a Bonanza sitting in the surf with the water up to the bottom
of the windows. It looked pretty intact to me.

I agree, it looked like the plane was in decent shape other than water
logged, maybe they were knocked out and drowned, either way it totally
SUX's.

DW