Old October 25th 09, 02:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
bumper[_2_]

Default Did the impossible in my glider last night!!!

On Oct 24, 9:04*am, Liam wrote:
Lucky for you that you have holes in both ends (root and tip) of the
wing. *I assume that the tip holes are for winglets.

Drill, baby, drill.

Unfortunately, that didn't work for John and Sarah.

As an aside, those holes you see in aircraft are sometimes mistakenly
referred to as "lightening holes" . . . but *real* aeronautical
engineers know that they are actually "heavying holes". The material
removed in the quest for less weight necessitates the structure be
more heavily reinforced elsewhere to account for all the weakness
those holes cause (g).

bumper
zz
MKIV yaw string and Quiet Vent