Old December 1st 06, 02:20 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Jay Honeck

Default Garmin 496-XM Radio-PS Engineering Intercom Follow up...

Finally, I must admit I'm a bit disappointed with the ultimate "fix"
(jumpering into "Music 2"), since we have now lost the ability to feed
music to the back two seats only. My plan to get the kids a portable
DVD player for Xmas, which they would be able to plug in to the
back-seats-only jack (located in the right-rear headphone jack
housing), has obviously been shot to hell, since any movie will now be
heard by all FOUR stations.

D'oh! Not to answer my own post, but I just figured out how to salvage
the DVD player scenario.

Both kids have LightSpeed Twenty3G ANR headsets -- with the cellphone
adapter jacks. All I need to do is split the wire coming out of the
DVD player into two, and terminate them both into appropriately-sized
jacks, and voila! They can hear their movie, and we can't.

It's not quite as elegant as the single-jack-in-the-wall solution, but
it'll work...
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA