Old January 25th 15, 05:13 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Bow Wave lift

We had 3 flights at Inyokern, CA today with winds from the NNE and all of us had wave like to the east of the Sierra crest.

Folks at Cristal Soaring talk about getting "Bow Wave" with a north wind on the San Gabriel mountains. Perhaps this is what we experienced at IYK.

At the end of the flight, I dropped down closer to the ridge and and it was also working well with some spots of extreme lift and turbulence.

Any thoughts on how this works? Walt - WX?

5Z