Old June 21st 19, 02:14 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Nick Kennedy[_3_]

Default Day 3 Region 8 Ephrata Wa

Well whoever forecasts the weather around here has got to be fired.
This morning NOAA was forecasting Down pouring rain and windy.
HA, what a joke.
This morning it cleared off and was blue and the wind about stopped.
Dale Bush called a MAT with the first turn Waterville.
Getting off tow I took one from release all the way to base.
Then on the first leg under a normal looking Cu I had a climb that averaged 12.2 knots bottom to top! And smooth.
Then I flew up to the north to Peach Road and then lined up a cloudstreet going to the SE and went by Mansfield,Dry Falls Dam, Wilson Creek. All easy flying under a booming street. Then a little OD happened over Ephrata. I got the wild hair to fly thorough it and turned to the SW and flew to Red Naylor, Quincy Airport. On the way home I came back via Breezy Hills.
Good enough for 3rd and I moved up a place again. If we keep flying for another week I might make the podium at this rate!
Now at 6 PM its black and raining to the West, NW North and NE.
The next couple of days are suppose to get better i.e. warm up some and more normal post frontal soaring.
Great job today with the tasking group and CD to get us off our ass and out there and a quick launch, was fun to go flying!!
Good party happening tonight at the HQ everyone is in a good mood. More wine going down the hatch.