Old June 24th 19, 04:26 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Eric Greenwell[_4_]

Default Day 3 Region 8 Ephrata Wa

wrote on 6/20/2019 6:23 PM:
On Thursday, June 20, 2019 at 7:14:09 PM UTC-6, Nick Kennedy wrote:
Well whoever forecasts the weather around here has got to be fired.

Nick- Weather forecasting is a bizarre form of pseudo-science that is unreliable, unintelligible and wrong on a regular basis. Think: Astrology, but with numbers.

A very outdated opinion. For several years now, maybe even earlier and starting
with Dr Jack's Blip maps, weather forecasting has been a vast improvement over the
earlier efforts. Products like Skysight, XC skies, and Top Meteo almost guide us
to the next cloud the day before we fly. Enjoy the Renaissance, because life is
better now!