Old February 25th 09, 04:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Darkwing

Default Sad day for Mxsmanic

"Mike Ash" wrote in message
In article
,
"Robert M. Gary" wrote:

On Feb 22, 11:59 am, John Godwin wrote:
It seems as if Microsoft is pulling the plug on MS Flight Simulator.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/magazine/7902468.stm

--

To be honest its a bit sad. I certainly don't have time to do all the
real flying I need to do (I have a waiting list of students) much less

I wouldn't worry. While MS may have hit the point of diminishing
returns, there is still certainly a place in the market for simulators.
X-Plane is going to get a huge boost from this, and I'll bet than one or
two new simulators will be popping up to fill the void.

I did see that X-Plane is now sold at Best Buy, that alone has to help
sales.