Old January 12th 07, 09:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Marco Leon

Default Pitot heat element failed. Options?

Peter R. wrote:

Thanks, Marco, but in the Bonanza's case, the heating element and the tube
are one unit.

I contacted American Bonanza Society and they have given me some contacts
to explore. Of course the issue is time, since I am flying a lot this
winter in the Northeast US I have to have the Pitot heat back working
relatively quickly.

Yes, these clouds up here are no joke. Good luck with finding it for
less than 1 AMU. I wonder if it's economically feasible to buy off eBay
and get it yellow-tagged? Here's one (not sure if it's your model) from
a guy parting out some Bonanzas: Item number: 320069500778

Marco