Old July 18th 03, 10:16 PM
Jeff

I ave seen the nevada state police airplane, a cessna 182 or a 210, cant
rmember which, but it was a complex airplane, here at the Henderson airport
several times. I dont know how often they fly, but they do fly. I also dont
know exactly what they do, but I assumed look for speeders, accidents and what
not.

When I was flying back to vegas from kentucky about 2 weeks ago, I heard a
state police come up onthe radio and inform center he was going to be at 500
ft looking for a bank robber's car. this was around arkansas I think.

Jack wrote:

I know for a fact that here in Atlanta, speed is occasionally monitored by
helicopters along the highway. Its pretty obvious though. 50 police
cars on the entrance ramps, and 50 others with cars pulled over. Along
with everyone has they're lights on in that area.

"Jim Buckridge" wrote in message
om...
I saw one of these signs along I-78 in NJ. Now, I find it
***REALLY*** hard to believe that this particular sign is true. The
highway is congested and with radar guns and all, monitoring speed by
aircraft (copter maybe?) seems expensive and unnecessary.

I know I've seen these signs elsewhere - are there still places where
speed is monitored by aircraft?