Old July 25th 08, 03:33 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_24_]

Default Coming home from Houston Sunday...

Andy Hawkins wrote in
:

Hi,

In article ,
Bertie the wrote:
In that case you should think about a group with a Piper Tri Pacer or
something. they're quite cheap to buy and run!

Yeah, I'm already looking at a couple of groups. One a PA-28 180 that
comes out at £75 an hour, and a C172 that is a similar hourly rate.
That's not far off half what I'm paying now.

If you factor in the higher monthly charges, I'll only have to do
about 8 hours a year to break even (assuming I'd get most of the cost
of the share back should I decide to sell up in future).

Yeah, it's the way to go if the other guys aren't ****s, especially in your
part of the world where the costs are outrageous. Do you have to chip in
for things like rebuilds on top of that, or is that rate all inclusive?

Bertie