Old December 22nd 05, 04:38 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default The engine is finally back!

Fly wrote:
Before starting the last engine I put together, I borrowed a oil pressure
pot to fill the galleys.

I did something similar when I replaced the engine in a van I owned long ago. I
scavenged an empty freon tank, removed the valve, and poured four quarts of oil
into it with a funnel (seemed to take forever). Then I put the valve back in and
hooked it up to an air compressor. Once I got it pressurized, I turned it upside
down, hooked it up to the hole for the oil pressure sending unit, and opened the
valve.

George Patterson
Coffee is only a way of stealing time that should by rights belong to
your slightly older self.