Old February 1st 07, 05:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.military.naval
Airyx

Default Iranian official expects first U.S. military action against Iran within 2 months

On Jan 31, 7:20 pm, "Ray O'Hara" wrote:
"Mike Dennis" wrote in message

"AirRaid Mach 2.5" wrote in message
roups.com...
Iranian official expects first U.S. military action against Iran in
two months

Isn't it interesting how this stuff just "comes up" around election time

in
Iran....

* PLONK *

yeah, bush's saber rattling has no effect on his comments.
every day the whitehouse makes new accusations. of course they have "proof"
that they can't share for security reasons. and the whitehouse wouldn't lie
now would it.

What proof are you talking about? I have heard no accusation of proof
that Iran is building nuclear weapons. I've seen estimates that they
could get from where they are now with their nuclear programs to a
deliverable weapon in a pretty short period of time, but I've seen
nobody claim to have evidence that they are activly working on it.

However, there are clear facts that...

1. Iran's leadership would like to annhilate Israel. This is not
speculation. Various Iranian leaders, including the current President,
have said it many times, and re-confirm it whenever they are asked.

2. Iran is building nuclear mining, processing, enrichment, and
reactor facilities. Again, Iran makes no denial that this is taking
place. They claim that it is for peaceful power generation purposes,
not for creating weapons. Now, anybody who wants to can look into what
is required to prepare uranium for a nuclear power plant, and see that
many of the things that Iran is doing with their uranium (again, fully
in the open), is not necessary unless you are making weapons. I also
like their repeated states of "Even if we WERE making nuclear weapons,
we have a right to do that if we want to. Israel, India, Pakestan, and
others have them, what gives anyone the right to say we can't have
them as well".

3. Iran is building, and testing, long range ballistic delivery
systems. They have announced the capabilities of these systems to the
worrld and put out a press release each time they conduct a test. No
secret stuff here either.

So without the benefit of ANY sensiitive intel, you have clear
pointers to a potential threat.

An analagy.

-A guy tells you seriously, that he wants to kill one of your
neighbors.
-The next day you see him entering a gun shop.

Sure, maybe he went in there to get change, or maybe he just wants an
air pistol for shooting crows. Maybe they refused to sell him a gun,
or maybe he just bought a gun with no ammo so he could be threatening,
but maybe he actually plans to follow through with what he said he
wanted to do.