Old February 2nd 07, 08:02 PM posted to rec.aviation.military.naval
John Dallman

Default Iranian official expects first U.S. military action against Iran within 2

In article ,
(Peter Skelton) wrote:
(John Dallman) wrote:
... and most of the rest of the not-ex-Soviet-Union world's ones
are PWRs, because that's easier to build and run

They use CANDU technology, a heavy water reactor. Unfortunately a
by-product is plutonium. This has been an embarassment in the
past.

Yes, yes, I said "most of", and then simplified for a summary. I know
about CANDU, at least in outline. As I understand it, Canada uses CANDU
at least partly because they built a lot of heavy water manufacturing
plant during WWII, and then had nothing much to do with the stuff. The
CANDU has various attractive features, but they have not tempted any
other country to build the requisite heavy water facilities.

--
John Dallman,
, HTML mail is treated as probable spam.