Old November 15th 03, 03:23 PM
ArtKramr

ubject: Meting with a Lancaster rear gunner
From: Dave Eadsforth

One thing I forgot to mention in my original note was that the rear
gunner knew the flak was getting close when he could smell the fumes
from the exploding shells - despite wearing his oxygen mask. I wondered

You know the flak is getting close when instead of just seeing a black puff
you can see the fiery red hot core as the shell bursts. Then it is
approaching fatal range. See FLAK on my website. We were in the middle of an
88 pattern.

Arthur Kramer
344th BG 494th BS
Visit my WW II B-26 website at: