Old March 9th 19, 09:41 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Passing of Al Leffler

Al was one of my closest friends for over four decades in soaring. One of his most heroic efforts was the number of gliders he saved when a nose hanger caught fire just before the 15M nationals started in Barstow. He was also one of my few friends who reached out to me when California wildfires were threatening my home. The last few years he helped crew with me in RC X/C model glider contest at Cal Valley. Thankful I shared dinner with him as well as a nice long visit on Williams Soaring couches at the last soaring convention. A generous contributor to Soaring and a great loss to the sport.