View Single Post
Old May 2nd 19, 02:32 PM

First recorded activity by AviationBanter: Aug 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by View Post
" The push back will be the cost of the Tost system"
Push back is not about cost, push back is about the lack of information on legally installing the Tost system on all current towplanes in light of you wanting the FAA to ban all Schweizer hooks. As I said to you last time this came up, if you want to make towing safer collect and make available STCs and successful 337s for Tost hook installations. Instead of whining to a higher power for a solution that screws clubs be the solution that helps clubs.
Your characterization of my "whining" to a higher power speaks of one unconcerned with safety. I pointed out clearly the glaring knowledge of a problem which has resulted in the death of tow pilots. The FAA AO acknowledges the problem as does the SSA/SSF (which is a joke). The SSA is a toothless tiger along for the ride while collecting dues and selling magazines in my Constitutionally protected opinion. The FAA has the teeth if they choose to chew.

I'm more concerned with saving lives than anything else having been a second or two from losing mine. If your mechanics can't find the appropriate STCs and 337s perhaps you need to find another mechanic.

I've been contacted by one tow pilot who has acknowledge my actions which influenced his facility to make the changes I recommended. By his acknowledgement it saved his life shortly thereafter. I've heard from commercial operators who experienced this event and realized the potential. They did the work needed to make the changes to a safer, more accessable system.

Have a nice day.

Walt Connelly
Former tow pilot
Now happily flying Whirlybirds.