Old April 23rd 19, 03:09 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
J Wahl[_2_]

Default Taurus glider for sale

Based on what I've read on this thread, my two bits on this a

I've seen the photos of that glider on the trailer after the fire. It was
nearly black due to soot covering the entire top surfaces. The bubble
canopy was black and draped over the seats and instrument combing. I did a
NTSB search on the aircraft, and the incident was never reported. As for
the listing serial number; I would expect that the whole number could have
been entered into the ad. And if you noticed in the ad, the TC was listed
as "Experimental" and not LSA as per the FAA records.

From my understanding, who ever signs the inspection of the annual and
deems it airworthy is Legally Liable and if the plane folds and deaths are
a result, that person will end up in prison for involuntary manslaughter
charges. I know of such a case and the person was sentenced.

So, it's buyer beware and my god have mercy on the AP that inspects it and
signs it off as airworthy.

One last comment.. Does anyone here have any reservations on buying this
plane knowing it's history? Would you chance flying it? Be honest!