Old December 10th 19, 12:39 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Agnew

Default 15 Hour Wonders

Bob Youngblood said:

Agnew, get a life, you could not even stay behind the tow plane and blamed it on you daughters hair. Glad you took the the bait. Bob

Standard response. You need a new line, Bob. And, internet trolling does not make you look better.

So, you're calling ME the 15 hour wonder? That's hilarious...and a bit sad to see from you - a founder and leader of the Treasure Coast Soaring Club. Have you seen my logbook? Do you have any idea of what I did to prepare for my checkride and where I've flown over the past four-plus years? Getting my CFI-G somewhere else instead of with your club must have really stuck in your craw for some reason. Don't take it personally.

So, kiting...let's put it out there. The lesson I learned is a badge of honor. Two years ago I briefly kited when I looked away from the towplane for a second to check on where I would go if the rope broke. (West side of Quad Lakes...empty lots...) I immediately corrected and was reaching for the release, but had the towplane in sight and was able to easily get back into position. As soon as I landed, I went right over and spoke with the tow pilot to apologize and to see if he had any feedback for me. He said he just thought I was letting my daughter fly and said he sees worse with students. (As you know, this was her first flight with me after her cancer surgery to remove her knee. Thanks for using her for your baseless vendetta.) I spoke with our "chief flight instructor" about it, got some pointers, and it was put to bed by everyone else but you for some reason. It was a great lesson learned for me. I commented on her mane of hair and how it needed to be tied back so I could see the panel, but I never blamed the kiting on it. That was on me. I admit my mistakes and learn from them.

You must have been satisfied at the time since you pressed me to give a number of revenue rides soon after. Money talks, I guess.

Now, I sure you don't want all of the Treasure Coast Soaring Club dirty laundry aired out here, so I'll just wish you well with the upcoming annual club meeting and hope to see TCSC turn the corner some day.

Paul