Old September 28th 03, 05:09 PM
Ogden Johnson III

"Steven P. McNicoll" wrote:

"Pechs1" wrote in message

Shows ya all how long since I retired. Does O-8, Rear Adm., lower half, wear
one star or two?

O-8 would be upper half, two stars. O-7 is lower half, one star.

Which still, sort of, begs the thrust of Pech1's question. If a Rear
Admiral [O-7] retired when Rear Admirals of the lower half still wore
two stars, would they wear two stars when in uniform now, or do
regulations prescribe [actually, I assume they do - but remember the
old saw] they wear the current uniform of a Rear Admiral [Lower Half],
and thus one star?
--
OJ III
[Email to Yahoo addy burned before reading.