Old January 16th 06, 06:27 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default Sticking Lycoming O-360 valve again?

On Mon, 16 Jan 2006 16:05:26 +0000 (UTC),
wrote:

I've looked into those for years as a concern for this engine given its
history. When we had the jugs off last time, I looked at the cam carefully. I could
see no visible evidence of rusting, pitting, or spalling. The tappets (from what I
could see without splitting the case) looked good too. Besides, I cannot see how a
worn cam would suddenly become unworn 60 seconds after takeoff.

Agree, it would be tough for the lobes to grow back!

Curious. Do you transition to a cruise climb or stay at Vy for
climbing?