Old March 29th 07, 05:40 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Pete Brown

Default David Clark company

I had an old set of David Clarks whose mic was ruined by a young
passenger after a few loops. (Use your imagination.)

They were way out of warranty so I asked for a repair quote and was
given a figure that seemed reasonable to replace the mic and add new cords.

They came back nearly immediately looking new except for some scratches
I already had on the ear cups. But there was no bill.

I called the company and asked for the bill and was told that there was
no charge. I explained the warranty was expired and that I owed them for
the repair. The guy on the other end said the warranty still applied and
to have a nice day.

They have earned a reputation for unrivaled customer service. I still
have the headset and it must now have 15 years on the rebuild.

Pete Brown
Anchorage, Alaska

REPLY:

Dear Mr. Hudson:

Because of this misfortune I'm willing to offer you a replacement
headset at no charge if you can first provide me proof of purchase.
Please fax me your sales receipt at your earliest convenience to
508-751-5858 along with your mailing address and a new replacement X11
headset will be sent to you.

Best Regards,
Brian P. Degnan
Customer Service Manager