Old April 5th 13, 12:41 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
GM

Default FAA to ground 80% of Glider Training Fleet... it's just aquestion of when

I hear you loud and clear! The US-training fleet needs an infusion of new equipment much sooner than later. What I don't understand is this: we have talented and gifted glider designers in the US yet nobody seems to be able to come up with a US-version of a K21 or DuoDiscus? Looking across the pond, most clubs in Europe have said good-by to their wood&fabric gliders and upgraded to pastic one or two decades ago while the US is still holding on to their Schweizer-Saurus'!
Please - someone explain to me why a manufacturer like Windward Performance does not jump at the opportunity to build a modern two-seat trainer rather than trying to compete with the latest super orchid grown in Germany. I think something like this would sell.

Uli Neumann